Sometimes starting small is a great way to shift the momentum in your classroom. This Faculty Focus article lists four potential moments during class to hand over to students:
As a member of our campus community this online resource from Magna Publications is available at no cost to you. Since 1972 Magna has been a leading provider of higher education professional development resources. Sign up today and help energize your higher education career.
Edited by respected scholar and expert Dr. Maryellen Weimer of Penn State Berks, The Teaching Professor is a forum for discussion of the best strategies supported by the latest research for effective teaching in the college classroom.
Create a new account
- Go to www.magnapubs.com/newsletters
- Click orange ‘Log in’ button at top-right side of page
- Click ‘Create an Account’ where it says “Don’t have an account?” under the log in boxes in the middle of page
- Complete all fields under “Required Information” and then click the blue “Create Account” button
- You will receive an e-mail at the e-mail address you entered while creating your account
- Open the email used to register your account and find the new e-mail sent to you from Magna
- Click the link in that e-mail to complete your registration
- Enter your email or username and password (case sensitive) and select ‘Login’
- Select the “Group Subscriptions” tab at the top of the page
- In the red box, enter the Authorization Code: CSU1659 (case sensitive)
- Select Activate to access the subscription
Please note: entering the Authorization Code is done only once. Hereafter, you will access the subscription by logging in using your email address and password. Please do not share the Authorization Code with anyone outside our campus community.